June 23, 2022
"No Such Thing as Ordinary: Unlocking your Extraordinary Life through Everyday Encounters with Jesus," is the topic of this episode. Allison and Rachel dive into:
- Latest season of "The Gist" on www.catholictv.org/the-gist.html
- Why the woman at the well, St. Photina, is the vehicle for this book.
- What brought Rachel to the brink of a good snot cry during Moana
- How accomplishing¬†all the world has to give will still leave you thirsty
- Some of the difficult¬†things God calls us to ‚ÄĒ trust, surrender, healing
- The Problem with Comparison
- Featured NOW as the CatholicMom.com Summer Book Club!¬†
Learn more about Rachel Balducci on RachelBalducci.com and be sure to follow her on Instagram; the book can be found on AveMariaPress.com¬†
May 23, 2022
Allison talks with Christy about the amazing, powerful, and inspiring story behind her new book:¬†Awakening at Lourdes: How an Unanswered Prayer Healed Our Family and Restored Our Faith (Ave Maria Press).¬†
Christy takes you through a rollercoaster of emotions, as you travel with her to Lourdes, into the baths, through the streets of France, and back home. The struggle, navigating the highs and lows of parenting a sick child, all while wrestling with your faith. Our conversation opened my eyes and heart to what God can do when your prayers are answered according to His perfect plan instead of ours!
**Recommended by Christy: Don't have a bookstore local? How about supporting bookshops by shopping with www.bookshop.org
Also shared during the podcast: Are you a Catholic parent of a child with special needs? Don't miss this invaluable resource: www.acceptingthegift.org/
April 29, 2022
A podcast typically centered around Catholic books. In this episode, Allison reaches out to listeners to ask what spiritual guidance they are seeking. How can this podcast better serve you!
Connect with Allison: ReconciledToYou.com
April 22, 2022
In this Episode, Allison spends time chatting with, Lorelei Savaryn, Children's Author, about her new YA fiction book "The Edge of In Between" available NOW: ¬†https://loreleisavaryn.com
A fantabulous book choice for any Catholic school or parish summer (or anytime) reading program! Lorelei frames difficult subjects like redemptive suffering, Purgatory, and Theology of the Body, in ways Middle School/YA readers can make sense of and make a connection with. ¬†#HighlyRecommend
March 14, 2022
Allison and Alyssa share¬†WINE: Women in the New Evangelization's sweet new book for children (which is also a story adults will enjoy as well), The Mother of Jesus is Wonderfully Real by Fr. Paul Murray, OP.¬† Exquisitely¬†and breathtakingly illustrated by Bernadette Gockowski, this based on a true story picture book opens hearts to how very real Mother Mary truly is! A little girl's heartbreak consoled by a poetic priest has become a book that will be treasured for years to come. Endorsed by Bishop Robert Barron. Learn more at www.CatholicVineyard.com.
February 15, 2022
Chloe joins Allison Gingras to discuss "Letters to Women: Embracing the Feminine Genius in Everyday Life" (Tan Books).¬† In this engaging episode:
- Pope St. John Paul II's Letter to Women
- Many of the letter topics were chosen from discussions on Chloe's amazing podcast: Letters to Women Podcast¬†
- Specific Letters we DOVE into:¬† Discerning Adoption; Body Image; and Creativity
- A little shout out to Corda Candles!!¬†
- Find out what happens to our creativity as soon as it is criticized!
- Sneak Peek at Chloe's NEW book coming (May, 2022) on Friendship!!
Learn more about Letters to Women and Chloe Langr¬†on¬†her website:
January 28, 2022
In this episode, Allison is blessed by a return visit by author, Julianne Stanz to discuss her new book, Braving the Thin Places:¬†Celtic Wisdom to Create a Space for Grace (Loyola Press).¬†
- Just what is a 'thin place"?
- Why this incredible book took 20 years to write
- The fascinating Celtic traditions surrounding one's passing
- We dive deeper into G.R.A.C.E. ‚ÄĒ gratitude, rest, acceptance, cultivating hospitality, and embracing stillness.
- Discovering the difference¬†between a soul friend and the hi-jacked term of soul-mate; do you have someone mirroring God's grace in your life?
Braving the Thin Places is one of the most unique and fascinating books I've read in a long time, and given I read at least a book a week for the¬†past 7 years, that is saying something! Be sure to check out Julianne's website: www.juliannestanz.com
January 21, 2022
In this episode, Allison chats with the dynamic duo of Mary Beth Giltner and Rebecca W. Martin, creators of The Catholic Wedding Planner, available now from Our Sunday Visitor
What a wonderful rush of memories when I opened my examination copy in the mail. Recalling the details from the engagement to invitations, to dress selection, reception (oh the sitting arrangement), to the dreaded invitations. However, THIS planner is so much more with inspiring reflections, the beauty of the Sacrament, and so much more!
A thoroughly engaging conversation about God's plans (and ours, of course‚ÄĒwhich don't always necessarily jive. Just as these two amazing ladies whose own weddings needed to pivot thanks to covid).
January 20, 2022
A Seeking Heart interview with author A.J. Cattapan about her new book, #SweetJesus
is it June yet? Ave Maria Press "10 ways the Gospels can help you combat teacher burnout & rediscover your passion for teaching"
In this episode we chat about:
- Reigniting the fire to teach
- Jesus' model for finding inspiration in teaching
- The Chosen TV Series ...because IT is awesome (and relevant to the topic)
- Dealing with challenges (in life, not just work) with grace and Jesus!
December 10, 2021
Our interview ran the gamut between why and how to write fiction to ways we balance work and family, to actually talking about this incredible new book!!
Set in historic Boston, incredibly well done!! Story engaging, characters believable, likable, and dare I say, fascinating. Loved it!! And I know you will too!
December 10, 2021
In addition to sharing Katie's amazing children's books, she and Allison discuss the blessing of sharing books with children. Did you know you can put a bookmark in a picture book? How pausing to answer questions or listen to children's thoughts bring a whole new dimension to reading!! Quality Catholic picture books such as Katie's are good for cuddle time, occupying little minds (and hands) in Mass, Catechesis, and learning more about what your child is thinking! ¬†Learn more about Katie's extensive offerings at: FirstFaithTreasury.com
December 10, 2021
Allison speaks with Claire McGarry about her fabulous new book Grace in Tension: Discover Peace with Mary and Martha (Our Sunday Visitor). What wisdom!!! Stress is never going away, but Claire has overcovered through the grace of the Holy Spirit, some amazing ways to navigate through it! ShiftingMyPerspective.com
October 25, 2021
Allison learns more about Kelly's new book, Saintly Moms: 25 Stories of Holiness (OSV)
In the episode:
*How these 25 Saintly moms helped Kelly in her many experiences as a mother.
*Encouraged by these powerful often ordinary stories of motherhood, she found herself taking 'notes' and knew one day she'd like to share that wisdom with other mothers!
*Some of her favorites:¬† Mary, Queen of the Mom Saints (well, to be fair, she's queen of all saints) and Zelie Martin (St. Therese's sweet mama - who wrote letters detailing many of her parenting woes - including dealing with a strong-willed young Therese!!)¬†
*St. Gladys lived a WILD "Bonnie and Clyde" type life before her son helped convert her and her husband, both nobility¬†-- illustrating the amazing things our children can teach us!
October 25, 2021
Laura and Allison discuss topics from Sweet Cross: A Marian Guide to Suffering (OSV).
**Laura's story is incredible, powerful, and painful at times, but full of hope for the rest of us. She bore crosses we pray to never endure but united to Christ and guided by Mary's ten principle virtues, Laura opened my heart to not fear what the future may hold, because waiting for us in every circumstance is a love, peace, and grace that surpasses our understanding!¬†¬†
Included in this episode:
*Don't compare crosses
*Suffering is important and necessary
*Uniting our crosses to Christ is LIFE CHANGING
*How can you possibly maintain your sense of humor in the face of difficult times?
*Staying PLUGGED in through constant mental prayer - far easier than it sounds
October 5, 2021
Allison interviews Motherhood Redeemed author, Kimberly Cook (Tan Books)
In this episode:
* My parakeets decide to join in (now and then) in celebration of St. Francis of Assissi's feast day!! For the record, it is a myth if you cover them up, they'll be quiet. Oh, my family has the best ideas #NOT
*Kim has an amazing story to share -- of the lies she bought into and how the teachings of the Church helped her find balance and joy in embracing all the desires God placed in her heart.
*A historical look at motherhood and St. John Paul II's Feminine Genius¬†
*Utilizing the God-given gift of MULTI-TASKING!
*Wonderful discussion on Spiritual Motherhood
*Learn more on KimberlyCook.me
September 30, 2021
Allison speaks with author, Barbara Lee, about her new book, Answering God's Call: a Scripture-Based Journey for Older Adults (Loyola Press).
- Barbara and I share¬†experience¬†in the law field, though her career was far more illustrious than mine! Still, the lessons we learned there helped us do what God called us to after those careers.
- The Wisdom of Age and the Enthusiasm of Youth: The Blessing of Cross-Generational Bible Studies (I think that needs to be my next book title!).
- I shared Bishop da Cunha's¬†newest Pastoral Letter and his poignant question, "What faith legacy do you want to leave?"
- Barbara's book includes Scripture verses pointing us to amazing role models for the older, more seasoned, adult.¬†
- Mariam packed a Tambourine for her journey through the Red Sea - God used her lifelong interest and talents to Glorify Him. He will do the same for with you - so dust off those lyres and harps!
- Some of my favorites featured stories ‚ÄĒ Anna at the Presentation (just when she thought her¬†work was through, like Juan Diego, God had a mission for her), St. Joseph's stillness (which is far deeper than just silence), and Peter's Mother-in-Law (healed and immediately wants to serve)!