January 21, 2022
In this episode, Allison chats with the dynamic duo of Mary Beth Giltner and Rebecca W. Martin, creators of The Catholic Wedding Planner, available now from Our Sunday Visitor
What a wonderful rush of memories when I opened my examination copy in the mail. Recalling the details from the engagement to invitations, to dress selection, reception (oh the sitting arrangement), to the dreaded invitations. However, THIS planner is so much more with inspiring reflections, the beauty of the Sacrament, and so much more!
A thoroughly engaging conversation about God's plans (and ours, of course‚ÄĒwhich don't always necessarily jive. Just as these two amazing ladies whose own weddings needed to pivot thanks to covid).
January 20, 2022
A Seeking Heart interview with author A.J. Cattapan about her new book, #SweetJesus
is it June yet? Ave Maria Press "10 ways the Gospels can help you combat teacher burnout & rediscover your passion for teaching"
In this episode we chat about:
- Reigniting the fire to teach
- Jesus' model for finding inspiration in teaching
- The Chosen TV Series ...because IT is awesome (and relevant to the topic)
- Dealing with challenges (in life, not just work) with grace and Jesus!
December 10, 2021
Our interview ran the gamut between why and how to write fiction to ways we balance work and family, to actually talking about this incredible new book!!
Set in historic Boston, incredibly well done!! Story engaging, characters believable, likable, and dare I say, fascinating. Loved it!! And I know you will too!
December 10, 2021
In addition to sharing Katie's amazing children's books, she and Allison discuss the blessing of sharing books with children. Did you know you can put a bookmark in a picture book? How pausing to answer questions or listen to children's thoughts bring a whole new dimension to reading!! Quality Catholic picture books such as Katie's are good for cuddle time, occupying little minds (and hands) in Mass, Catechesis, and learning more about what your child is thinking! ¬†Learn more about Katie's extensive offerings at: FirstFaithTreasury.com
December 10, 2021
Allison speaks with Claire McGarry about her fabulous new book Grace in Tension: Discover Peace with Mary and Martha (Our Sunday Visitor). What wisdom!!! Stress is never going away, but Claire has overcovered through the grace of the Holy Spirit, some amazing ways to navigate through it! ShiftingMyPerspective.com
October 25, 2021
Allison learns more about Kelly's new book, Saintly Moms: 25 Stories of Holiness (OSV)
In the episode:
*How these 25 Saintly moms helped Kelly in her many experiences as a mother.
*Encouraged by these powerful often ordinary stories of motherhood, she found herself taking 'notes' and knew one day she'd like to share that wisdom with other mothers!
*Some of her favorites:¬† Mary, Queen of the Mom Saints (well, to be fair, she's queen of all saints) and Zelie Martin (St. Therese's sweet mama - who wrote letters detailing many of her parenting woes - including dealing with a strong-willed young Therese!!)¬†
*St. Gladys lived a WILD "Bonnie and Clyde" type life before her son helped convert her and her husband, both nobility¬†-- illustrating the amazing things our children can teach us!
October 25, 2021
Laura and Allison discuss topics from Sweet Cross: A Marian Guide to Suffering (OSV).
**Laura's story is incredible, powerful, and painful at times, but full of hope for the rest of us. She bore crosses we pray to never endure but united to Christ and guided by Mary's ten principle virtues, Laura opened my heart to not fear what the future may hold, because waiting for us in every circumstance is a love, peace, and grace that surpasses our understanding!¬†¬†
Included in this episode:
*Don't compare crosses
*Suffering is important and necessary
*Uniting our crosses to Christ is LIFE CHANGING
*How can you possibly maintain your sense of humor in the face of difficult times?
*Staying PLUGGED in through constant mental prayer - far easier than it sounds
October 5, 2021
Allison interviews Motherhood Redeemed author, Kimberly Cook (Tan Books)
In this episode:
* My parakeets decide to join in (now and then) in celebration of St. Francis of Assissi's feast day!! For the record, it is a myth if you cover them up, they'll be quiet. Oh, my family has the best ideas #NOT
*Kim has an amazing story to share -- of the lies she bought into and how the teachings of the Church helped her find balance and joy in embracing all the desires God placed in her heart.
*A historical look at motherhood and St. John Paul II's Feminine Genius¬†
*Utilizing the God-given gift of MULTI-TASKING!
*Wonderful discussion on Spiritual Motherhood
*Learn more on KimberlyCook.me
September 30, 2021
Allison speaks with author, Barbara Lee, about her new book, Answering God's Call: a Scripture-Based Journey for Older Adults (Loyola Press).
- Barbara and I share¬†experience¬†in the law field, though her career was far more illustrious than mine! Still, the lessons we learned there helped us do what God called us to after those careers.
- The Wisdom of Age and the Enthusiasm of Youth: The Blessing of Cross-Generational Bible Studies (I think that needs to be my next book title!).
- I shared Bishop da Cunha's¬†newest Pastoral Letter and his poignant question, "What faith legacy do you want to leave?"
- Barbara's book includes Scripture verses pointing us to amazing role models for the older, more seasoned, adult.¬†
- Mariam packed a Tambourine for her journey through the Red Sea - God used her lifelong interest and talents to Glorify Him. He will do the same for with you - so dust off those lyres and harps!
- Some of my favorites featured stories ‚ÄĒ Anna at the Presentation (just when she thought her¬†work was through, like Juan Diego, God had a mission for her), St. Joseph's stillness (which is far deeper than just silence), and Peter's Mother-in-Law (healed and immediately wants to serve)!
September 24, 2021
Allison contributed to a new prayer book for Catholic Mothers:¬†The Ave Prayer Book for Catholic Mothers¬†from Ave Maria Press.¬† Joining her to discuss this amazing¬†book is the prayer anthologies editor, Heidi Hess Saxton.
In this episode:
* Padre Pio and the ultra coolness of Guardian Angels - including a nifty hint for helping children pay¬†attention¬†and behave better in Mass.
*Building Community with #PrayerStory and #AveMomsPray on Social Media!! Connecting Catholic mothers -- a beautiful side benefit of inspiring Catholic Books!
*Pray Across America Retreats with Heidi, coming soon!! Visit here website-Life on the Road Less Traveled
- for more information and find¬†a location near you!
*Allison shares her miraculous intercession from Bl. Solanus Casey!
September 16, 2021
What pure joy spending this time with Sr. Mary Ann Fatula, O.P. was!!! Wow! I'd describe her in three words: Gentle, Faithful, Uplifting (and also sweet, inspirational, knowledgeable, encouraging‚ÄĒokay, she clearly touched my heart!)
In this episode, we discuss her newest book,¬†Drawing Close to the Holy Spirit:¬†Keys to a Transformed Life and Joyful Heart¬†from Sophia Institute Press.¬†
*How do you develop and intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit
*The Holy Spirit, the beLOVEd <~ notice anything cool there ;) brings God's love to us in unexpected ways.
*Learn simple prayers that open your heart to an untapped trillion-dollar treasure!¬†
¬†*Lack peace? Feeling Overwhelmed? Need a friend? This book is all that and more!
September 9, 2021
In this episode, Allison enthusiastically dives into Just Rest, Sonja's newest book from Ave Maria Press.¬† After spending the morning¬†devouring the ENTIRE book before the interview, the Holy Spirit just took this one and ran!! Wow, what an inspiring book!! Scripture ROCKS!
*What do Exodus, Hebrews, and Fear have to do with Rest?
*Sonja explains how to L.O.V.E. the Word, a lesson she learned from Mary
*Pop Quizzes and my poor sweet DoorDash Driver :/¬†
*What's your "vomit"?
*Promises, Promises - God's to us, the Land of, and much more!
Where you will also find her new amazing podcast series¬†on¬†Practical Tools for Healing and Rest¬†and learn more about her inspiring books.¬†
Sonja's TV Series can be found on CatholicTV.org
September 7, 2021
In this episode, Allison speaks with #Rules_of_Engagement author, Ann Garrido to discuss her new book ‚ÄĒ 8 Christian Habits for Being Good and Doing Good Online.
*Have you heard of World Communication Day? We discuss several specifically powerful addresses from Pope Benedict and Pope Francis.
*Things to consider when engaging online ‚ÄĒ clarify your purpose, value the person, KNOW your sources (even legit ones can slant the news, or bait with a¬† misleading headline).
*What do Moose and Squirrels have in common?
*Remember below every Avatar is a whole person, while we don't want to "feed the trolls" we absolutely want to open doors to meaningful human interaction. Ann gives valuable insights on how to do that, including good questions to ask.
*Prompts to examine our online conscience and become more intentional.
*Sign the #Rules_of_Engagement pledge:¬†https://www.anngarrido.com/rules
¬†ways to be leaven, that small grain in the midst of the all noise of social media that brings Christ's presence into the world.
Find Ann on Facebook:¬† AnnGarridoMin
September 2, 2021
In this episode, Allison speaks with author, Claire Dwyer about her new book, "This Present Paradise: A Spiritual Journey with St. Elizabeth of the Trinity" from Sophia Inst. Press.
*St. Elizabeth is the perfect bridge between the convent and the kitchen - find out how!
*Never Stop Coming to Mass - gripping reasons why!
*Sacred Spaces - connection with those in our world and in our home
*The Power of Intercessory¬†Prayer - godly friends and saint posses
*How does heaven begin here and why should I take note of that?
Links mentioned in Podcast:
August 2, 2021
In this episode, Allison welcomes Start with Jesus author, Juilanne¬†Stanz.
- Speaks to people in the pews (the everyday Catholic) calling according to their Baptism to be missionary disciple, an evangelist, a witness. Perhaps these seem like confusing terms, Julianne simply explains and empowers.
- The blessings of the "great pause" of the pandemic (while still acknowledging the pain and suffering which accompanied it as well).
- Are you a "tabernacle with feet?"
- An interesting take on one of my favorite quotes from #SaintPosse favorite Ven. Patrick Peyton "The Parish that Prays Together Stays Together." Praying with others can be awkward and even uncomfortable but when lead by the Spirit is awe-inspiring and powerful!
- Each chapter offers a "Taking Action" section a place to breathe life into what we've learned or experienced in the text.¬†
Please consider visiting your local Catholic Book Store to purchase your copy of¬†Start with Jesus: How Everyday Disciples Will Renew the Church.
July 22, 2021
Allison and Sam chat about her new book, "A Catholic Guide to Spending Less and Living More," from Ave Maria Press.
- Lots of balance: In marriage, our priorities, and learning to wait
- Expectations vs appreciation
- How Debt can hinder our vocation - whatever that be
- What does SAM's initials have to do with Financial Freedom?
- My "Dollar in my Pocket" miraculous awesome God's providence is amazing¬†and trustworthy story!!
How one family is sending 13 kids to college, living debt free ‚ÄĒ and still plans to retire early (Washington Post
July 15, 2021
In this episode, we discuss Ivonne's new book‚ÄĒThe Rosary: Eucharistic Meditations with St. Peter Julian Eymard, Apostle of the Eucharist (Elishebahouse¬†Press).
- Eucharist as the Real Presence of Jesus - not a symbol
- Powerful Conversions and Conversations in Adoration
- Ven. Patrick Peyton - MIRACLE? Sure sounded like one!
- The connection between Mary and people handing crying babies back to their mommas!! LOVED this analogy!
- Hard-fought Rosary habits and ongoing battles.
July 9, 2021
In this episode, Allison visits with¬†Menopause Moments: A Journal for Nourishing Your Mind, Body and Spirit in Midlife,¬†author, Melanie Rigney.
- The subject no woman can avoid but rarely opens up about
- Hear about the "year everything dropped"
- No shame in wisdom, or wrinkles, grey hair, or shrinking
- The freedom and grace that comes with embracing aging as part of God's perfect plan for us
- Meno"pause" -- take a breath, be present¬†‚ÄĒ Gal 4:10
- Journaling¬†prompts that make you go hmmmm
July 5, 2021
Erin spends some time with Allison discussing her new book¬†All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family¬†(OSV).¬†¬†Through her ingenious use of the Beatitudes¬†as our "Thou shall DOs," Erin shares tips and tools to help family's find healing, hope, and most importantly build stronger bonds of love!
Discussed in this episode:
- The¬†"God of Colic"¬†
- Surrender is not bad
- St Joseph clearly a good guy, and someone we can turn to
- Beatitudes¬†as Guides to Healing and Breaking Cycles!
Don't miss Erin's awesome Rut Buster Quiz -- where she will personally review the results and send you a chapter from her book that is specifically tailored to the rut you are currently experiencing:¬†¬†https://erinmccolecupp.com
All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family:
July 5, 2021
Topic: Recognizing Depression in Teens from a Parent's Perspective
Kelly Guests shares the warnings signs presented in her own children when battling depression *please note: this is not professional advice but one mother's journey:
*Lost of Interest in Things Once Passionate About
*Lack of Motivation
*Sleeping Too Little or Too Much
*Dropping Grades, plus a few more
She also discusses ways her family found help and healing:
*It is not a parenting fail, it is not about you at all - don't wait to get help
*You can't be your child's counselor
*How to be supportive and walk the journey with your child
For more on Kelly Guest's ministry and upcoming book "25 Saintly Moms" (OSV) please follow her on social media at¬†@nun2nine¬†