- Lots of balance: In marriage, our priorities, and learning to wait
- Expectations vs appreciation
- How Debt can hinder our vocation - whatever that be
- What does SAM's initials have to do with Financial Freedom?
- My "Dollar in my Pocket" miraculous awesome God's providence is amazing¬†and trustworthy story!!
- Eucharist as the Real Presence of Jesus - not a symbol
- Powerful Conversions and Conversations in Adoration
- Ven. Patrick Peyton - MIRACLE? Sure sounded like one!
- The connection between Mary and people handing crying babies back to their mommas!! LOVED this analogy!
- Hard-fought Rosary habits and ongoing battles.
- The subject no woman can avoid but rarely opens up about
- Hear about the "year everything dropped"
- No shame in wisdom, or wrinkles, grey hair, or shrinking
- The freedom and grace that comes with embracing aging as part of God's perfect plan for us
- Meno"pause" -- take a breath, be present¬†‚ÄĒ Gal 4:10
- Journaling¬†prompts that make you go hmmmm
Erin spends some time with Allison discussing her new book¬†All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family¬†(OSV).¬†¬†Through her ingenious use of the Beatitudes¬†as our "Thou shall DOs," Erin shares tips and tools to help family's find healing, hope, and most importantly build stronger bonds of love!
- The¬†"God of Colic"¬†
- Surrender is not bad
- St Joseph clearly a good guy, and someone we can turn to
- Beatitudes¬†as Guides to Healing and Breaking Cycles!
Don't miss Erin's awesome Rut Buster Quiz -- where she will personally review the results and send you a chapter from her book that is specifically tailored to the rut you are currently experiencing:¬†¬†https://erinmccolecupp.com
All Things New: Breaking the Cycle and Raising a Joyful Family:
- Feeling beautiful on a normal day
- Giving yourself space to discover who you are and what you like
- No greater designer¬†than God!
- What if you lack the complete ability to put together¬†"a look"
- And, what if you have no money for fashion
- Role of First Impressions and Evangelization¬†- Being approachable
- Understanding your personal story and its role in your style
- Our conversation in this¬†episode is framed around Emily's awesome¬†book:¬†Secrets of the Sacred Heart: Twelve Ways to Claim Jesus' Promises in Your Life (Ave Maria Press).
- I had a MILLION sticky notes, it was hard to pick a few topics to focus on, the devotion is so rich and beautiful.
- Why is this a "Devotion for Our Time."
- Difference between the world's idea of peace and the peace Jesus gives.
- First Friday Devotion and Feast of the Sacred Heart - easy ways to push the Spiritual RESET Button.
- Enthronement to the Sacred Heart - sounds fancy but it is actually as simple as you want to make it. Devotions are flexible and special as you can embrace them in whatever way you feel most comfortable.
- How Lara's 40th Birthday sparked a year of works of mercy
- The many ways one can Visit the Imprisoned, including Lara's experience at Florida State Prison,
- The study that revealed what caring for a young person can mean to future success in their life!
- Lara's excellent advice to "Do your homework"‚ÄĒthere is so much about the faith we don't even know we DON'T EVEN KNOW!
- Bear Wrongs Patiently -- Allison's Favorite #NOT and the humbling life-changing¬†advice from Thomas a Kempis,
- The connection between Allison's new obsession with the Animal Planet show: The Zoo, her daughter, and spiritual enrichment
- Devotionals as conversation kick-starters for sharing your faith with friends and family
- Journaling your time with the Scriptures
- Lord, I believe, help my unbelief!! Should be engraved on everything I own!
- The gift of grace and some ways God makes it abundantly available to us!
Focusing on the beauty and blessings of being Catholic. I hope you will tune in (*no guest this episode, just me‚ÄĒbecause you were on my heart).
*Grace Trifecta: Prayer, Sacrament, & Scriptures
*Prayer: You can't do this wrong, honest, I share some ideas
*Scripture: Do you wonder what's the big deal? It's the best way to learn how to hear God's voice in your life!
*Sacrament: Outward signs of grace, available and mystical - can't beat them and can't find them anyplace else.
**And...the Funny Way God answered my prayer. IT was totally what I needed but not at all what I wanted!
- Getting past comparisons¬†
- What are the spiritual benefits of celebration, joy, and encouragement
- Does gossip make a difference, really?¬†
- Receiving God's Love, for real
- Living what you believe¬†outside your heart and your home!
- God's Challenge to See Others as HE does!
- Falling asleep thinking about Lovely Things!
- Why I didn't name my daughter Gabrielle
- Unspoken Agreements with God (You KNOW you have them)
- Everyday Eucharist¬†
- The Benefits of Finding God in the EVERY day¬†in Your Life
Melanie Rigney shares about her book Woman of Worth #Proverbs31
Plus a little Romans 8:28 making good, and a crazy story about God's Providence
and Grace Before Meals, "cooking priest" for Fr. Leo Patalinghug
Learn more about Melanie at¬†www.RejoiceBeGlad.com
Her new book - Follow on Instagram #RadicalSaints
Use code: presaleradical for 25%¬†www.FranciscanMedia.com
Join us both Oct. 16/17 https://futurewithhopewomen.com/
Future with Hope Conference - for Catholic Women 40+
Lent, Anxiety, Food, and Faith
Lindsay Schlegel - first and foremost - is a faithful and FUNNY human being! My face hurt after this interview from laughing!! What a great sense of humor and vision of the world around us!!
Author of Don't Forget to Say Thank You ... the lessons we try to impart on our children are the very same God has been trying to get us to embrace (for our own good) as well!
Such as: Stop Whining, Eat Your Dinner, Go to Bed, You Need to Say, I'm Sorry, Be Nice, and It's Okay, Mommy [Mary] is Here!
We discussed... Cool, Sporty Minivans Similarities to St. Ignatius and other saints, before they were sainted What on earth is the Universal Call to Holiness Good Enough Parenting and the many mistakes we've made How the misuse of gifts gets them broken Don't Miss her new podcast "Quote Me" [https://lindsayschlegel.com/podcast]
Galatians 5:22-23 (NABRE)
In contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law ... and Heather added a few gems like humor, forgiveness, and gratitude! The Holy Spirit offers us many gifts, we, however, still need to cooperate with them to see their fruits in our lives. Death to our own desires, will, and even bad habits, is a great place to begin to see these come to "fruition"!
Jose Maria Escriva's Heroic Minute ... blog series: http://saints365.blogspot.com/p/14-da... The Joy of the Gospel vs
Resting "Pickle" Face
Learn more about Heather Renshaw: http://www.realcatholicmom.com/
Allison Gingras/ReconciledToYou - books, podcasts, blog: https://reconciledtoyou.com/
Watch A Seeking Heart LIVE - Thursdays (time vary):¬†¬†https://www.facebook.com/ReconciledToYou/
Spirit & Life: The Holy Sacraments of the Catholic Church
To Purchase: Visit your local Catholic book store or Sophia Institute Press
Breath-taking coffee table book with shiny pages, a sturdy cover, and appealing photos but what makes it so special is the rich, authentic, and faith-building contents.¬† Each section explores one of the Seven Sacraments via the Scriptures, Catechism of the Catholic Church, a Commentary from a Church Father, and a Reflection from a contemporary writer.¬† To read more of the foundational building writing of the Church Fathers, Rea recommends NewAdvent.org.
Spirit and Life inspired by the Holy Spirit was brought to life by Rose Rea and Gemma Hawes, who also created Radiant and Valiant magazines (Our Sunday Visitor).¬† You'll love the way the Spirit moved in their hearts to "birth" this magnificent hard-cover book.¬† It is modernity in an old fashioned package.¬† The treasures of the church, where our hearts should all be, unfold page after page. Another example of how beauty draws us to and nearer to God.
This interview was so much more than, "tell me about your book," it was truly, share with me your faith and how the Lord is using it to bring Him glory. In the end, I was so inspired, and I believe you will be too!!¬†
For More on A Seeking Heart or Allison Gingras, Reconciled To You ministry visit:¬† AllisonGingras.com¬†