- 12:35¬†- Society itself used to support Christianity and now that it hasn‚Äôt, how can we navigate that in today‚Äôs world with your family.
- 18:54¬†- My son has fallen away from the faith, he is gay. How do I deal with the holidays?
- 28:25¬†- My son got married outside of the Catholic Church even though they are Catholic, how can help them learn about the importance of the sacrament of matrimony?
- 32:13¬†- I feel depressed when I pray for my children to follow the Catholic faith, and I find it hard to pray for them because it causes me to feel so sad.
- 42:05¬†- What happens if your kids die without being converted to Catholicism? How should I feel about that?
- 50:00¬†- My daughters are 16 &14, our family has been through a lot recently and I can‚Äôt decide if I should force them to receive the sacrament of Confirmation or not.
- 14:45¬†- What is the best objection you have heard to Vatican II and how would you address it?
- 20:21¬†- Can you explain the changes in education from Vatican II?
- 33:57¬†- we were told 3 weeks before Vatican II that Communion was only a symbol ‚Äď can you elaborate on this?
- 45:11¬†- How can we restore reverence of the eucharist and with reverence of the pope?
- 51:00¬†- I have been having debates with my eastern orthodox cousin- he has problems with the ‚ÄúAbu Dhabi‚ÄĚ (Feb 2019)¬† document and he sights it back to ‚Äúnostra aetate‚Ä¶‚ÄĚ how can I address that with him?
Let's reflect on God's hand in our lives and thank Him for guiding us. He has us right where He wants us at this very moment.¬†
- 03:18¬†- Is there salvation outside of the Catholic Church? And if there is no salvation outside of the Catholic Church how is there unity in Christianity?
- 13:27¬†- What do I do if I am not sure if I have been baptized but I want to be baptized in the Catholic Church?
- 16:31¬†- Why is it that the Catholic Church has historically supported a younger model for the creation of the world but seems to have shifted their stance today?
- 24:33¬†- Why do Catholics say the Mass is a sacrifice when no more sacrifices are necessary?
- 34:10¬†- Why do Catholics say the Hail Mary?
- 41:00¬†- How should I respond to Protestant people who reject the Catholic understanding of justification?
- 50:05¬†- According to Jesus there are two true sacraments, but Catholics Recognize seven. What qualifies the other five as sacraments?
- 09:25¬†- Can you explain Limbo?
- 18:05¬†- Can you elaborate on the Church‚Äôs hierarchy of authority?
- 29:57¬†- I think praying to saints is idolatry.
- 40:55¬†- How can I explain purgatory to my Baptist family in light of 1 John 3:2?
- 46:30- How do you address the topic of homosexuality with people who do not accept the Church‚Äôs teaching?
Clumsy Theosis - The Letters of St. Ignatius of Antioch: Link Between the Apostles and the Church Fathers
‚ÄúAd fontes‚ÄĚ is Latin for ‚Äúback to the sources.‚ÄĚ Returning to the sources of the Catholic Church is the best way to learn about the Faith. After the scriptures, St. Ignatius of Antioch is the perfect place to start. He wrote seven letters while escorted to Rome from Antioch to be martyred. They paint a vivid picture of the Catholic Church after the time of the Apostles. Listen as Richa√©l Lucero points out some of her favorite parts in these need-to-read Catholic letters.
‚ÄĒDONATE! Become a patron. You‚Äôll received exclusive merchandise and resources:¬†www.patreon.com/clumsytheosis
‚ÄĒEmail list sign up. In the weekly email you‚Äôll have the most recent episode and additional resources conveniently available in your inbox:¬†eepurl.com/gItxjH
‚ÄĒLetters of St. Ignatius of Antioch (abridged with mixed translation and audio):¬†wp.me/p7RT88-Eg
-‚Äúhis epistles are compact and to the point, pastoral in manner, doctrinal in content, encouraging in tone.‚ÄĚ -Mike Aquialina
-‚ÄúAllow me to become food for the wild beasts which are the means of making my way to God.
I am the wheat of God, and let me be ground by the teeth of the wild beasts, that I may be found the pure bread of Christ.‚ÄĚ -Letter of St. Ignatius to the Romans
-‚Äú...worthy of God, worthy of honour, worthy of the highest happiness, worthy of praise, worthy of obtaining her every desire, worthy of being deemed holy, and which presides over love.
... you who are filled inseparably with the grace of God, and you who are purified from every foreign stain, I wish abundance of happiness in Jesus Christ our God.‚ÄĚ -Letter of St. Ignatius to the Romans
-‚ÄĚI exhort you to do all things with a divine harmony, the bishop is to preside in the place of God, while the presbyters are to function as the council of the Apostles, and the deacons are entrusted with the ministry of Jesus Christ.‚ÄĚ Letter of St. Ignatius to the Magnesians
-‚ÄĚSo, then, be on your guard against such people! And this you will do if you are not puffed up and also if you cling inseparably to Jesus Christ our God, to the bishop, and to the precepts of the Apostles.‚ÄĚ Letter of St. Ignatius to the Trallians
-‚ÄĚTake care, then, to have but one Eucharist, for there is one Flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ, and one cup to unite us with His Blood; one altar; as there is one bishop, along with the presbytery and deacons, my fellow-servants.‚ÄĚ Letter of St. Ignatius to the Philadelphians
-‚ÄĚThe celebration of the Eucharist is valid only if it is administered by the bishop or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Where the bishop is, there let the people also be; just as where Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.‚ÄĚ Letter of St. Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans
-‚ÄĚGive heed to the bishop, that God also may give heed to you. Labour together; strive together; run together; suffer together; rest together and rise together. You are stewards in God‚Äôs house, members of His household and His servants.
Please Him under whom you fight, from Whom you receive your wages. Let none of you be found a deserter. Let your baptism be your armour; your faith be your helmet; your love be your spear; your patience as a complete panoply. ...
To sum up: be long-suffering towards one another and gentle, as God is with you.‚ÄĚ -Letter of St. Ignatius to St. Polycarp
Judy shares in this podcast the necessity of hope. One of the three theological virtues that we cannot live without. HOPE¬†
When we have hope we hang on praying expectantly and we hang on knowing the pain will end. Through our afflictions, we persevere our character is developed and we find our place hoping and trusting in an unfailing God.
The episode today comes out of my prayers over our reading from the Prophet Isaiah this past Sunday (29th Sunday in Ordinary time).¬†
Our God is the Lord of All is an aspect of our faith that keeps us from being consumed by fear. Accepting the truth about our God being the Lord of all is the focus of my chat with you today.
Bear's Fitness expert Dr John Oertle of Solidarity Health Share discusses you are what you eat both physically and spiritually and the importance of Gut Health.
- 02:11¬†- Did three wisemen actually go see Jesus or was it just the three gifts with either 2 or 5 ‚Äúwise men‚ÄĚ presenting them?
- 10:59¬†- What takes precedence: Isaiah 11:9 or Revelation: every valley will be filled and hills will be lowered?
- 16:16¬†- Why is 2nd Peter in the bible when the bible commentary says he didn‚Äôt write it?
- 21:29¬†- Is it sinful to perform an act of spiritual communion in a state of mortal sin?
- 24:26¬†- Since Jesus is the son of God is his lineage able to be traced back?
- 28:44¬†- What is the Church‚Äôs stance on the consumption of animal blood in sauces?
- 33:53¬†- How does the contingency argument lead to God and not another ‚Äúnon-God‚ÄĚ alternative?
- 41:30¬†- Can you explain in John 2:4 why what Jesus said was not rude to Mary?
- 45:23¬†- How do we know that the keys that Jesus gave to Peter were succeeded to Popes and not just intended for Peter?
- 49:28¬†- Someone said that because of our baptism we literally become Jesus- how do I respond to that?
- 51:11¬†- In the Gospel of Matthew it starts with the Genealogy of Jesus and ends with Joseph. Wouldn‚Äôt it be more correct if it ended with Mary since Joseph is not his biological father?
- 02:50¬†- What role does the treasury of merit play with indulgences?
- 06:27¬†- What are the differences between the different types of bibles?
- 12:32¬†- Can Catholics pray the chotki?
- 13:38¬†- Is it okay for Catholics to use vaccinations with parts of aborted fetuses?
- 16:31¬†- Is the Holy Spirit higher than Jesus concerning Jesus‚Äô human nature?
- 20:36¬†- Does God still speak to people through prophecies?
- 24:00¬†- What are the importance of relics and why are they venerated by Catholics?
- ¬†31:12¬†- How do you discern which church authorities to follow if there are differentiating opinions coming from different churches?
- 35:57¬†- Treasury of Merit and whether or not penal substitution?
- 45:00¬†- What is your opinion on viewing shows that promote immoral things or just include them?
- 49:49¬†- Someone claimed that they found the arc of the covenant online, is that true?