In part one of a two-part conversation, Bill Snyder talks with NSC Member and Founding Member of the Ark and the Dove, Tom Mangan about his conversion and the early days of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal.
On this episode of Young Catholics Respond, Bill Snyder talks with Steve Toth, diocesan liaison for the Catholic Charismatic Renewal in the Diocese of Toledo, OH and host of the radio program A New Pentecost,Â about his personal journey, ministry and radio program.
During this week on the Mary's Touch Radio Show lets do some "Throw Back Stories" and share the "Christmas Special Edition". During this wonderful time of the year, the Christmas Season, we are featuring four beautiful stories.
* Paula reminds us it is not always easy to see answers to prayers even if they appear at our window.
* Jean and her family enjoyed Christmas in Italy until they are at the airport and cannot all get back home.Â Then a miracle happens!
* Stacy's daughter passed away several years before. It is now Christmas Eve and God gives her an answer to her prayers.
* Janet almost missed Christmas until Mary asked her if she would like to see the baby.
Taylor has returned from the National Catholic Conference of Youth Ministry with stories & insights, including a Mass Text segment(without the intro...whoops). We decide which homily is better between Taylor's, a 6'8" Bishop's & co-host Fr. Jared's.
In the second segment, we are joined by Leila Miller, co-author of "Made This Way: How To Prepare Kids To Face Todayâ€™s Tough Moral Issues." In this book, she and Trent Horn team up to cover how to guide our children to Heaven in today's culture, especially how to answer tough questions about sex outside of marriage, modesty, homosexuality and more.
To close out the show, Taylor and Fr. Jared discuss finding a home in a broken Church through the lyrics of Hillsong's latest hit "Who You Say I Am."
Bonus content for this episode can be found in our Patreon community at Patreon.com/fortecatholic.
Dr. Delgado discusses when life begins and ends, contraception, the dignity of life, and other important pro-life questions.Â
- 09:21 - If the Church allows us to prevent or cure diseases by artificial medicines, why would we have to use NFP instead of contraception?
- 18:18 - Is it ethical to harvest organs from donors? Can we know if someone is brain-dead?
- 30:50 - I am a pro-life Catholic OB/GYN. Is there an ethical treatment for an ectopic pregnancy?
- 36:00 - Iâ€™m a 40 days for life advocate. What is the best way to get information about the APR to providers?
- 45:05 - What is the next ethical step for someone who is trying to get pregnant and failing to?
- 49:01 - If you happen to miscarry and they decide to do a DNC, is that respectful to the baby? A doctor told me it was the only way to get them out.
During Advent we are preparing for the coming of Christ. Did you know that this â€ścomingâ€ť we await is not only the birth of our Lord? Letâ€™s look at the two expectant events this season calls us to focus on so we may prepare our hearts fully.
While baking a batch of Lembas bread for her homeschoolers while they discuss The Hobbit, Annie decided to share her joy of this topic with all of you in this episode. Drawing from a plethora of experience in story telling and reading, Chuck and Annie share some of their experiences regarding the importance of â€śthe storyâ€ť, how we can read them, how we can read them to children (even when we donâ€™t think they have the attention spanâ€¦ they all do), how we can discuss them, and why they are absolutely essential to our human development, survival, and flourishing.
Salt and Light Video series launched on YouTube called â€śFaith and Financeâ€ť. Click here to watch and subscribe: http://bit.ly/SaltandLightYouTube Visit us online www.saltandlightonline.com, and donâ€™t forget to check out our other show on Breadbox Media, â€śChuck nâ€™ Ann on Financeâ€ť (www.iiefinancial.com).