Sometimes we forget how important our name is to our marketing work. But, it is the cornerstone of your brand as is shared in this podcast.
If youâre like my family, itâs the classic novels that have really satisfied our need for rewarding and uplifting reading. Author, instructor, and homeschooling mom, Eleanor Nicholson, is here to share about the richness of Victorian Novelsâtheir delights and lessons!
Find Eleanor Nicholson: www.eleanorbourgnicholson.com
Eleanorâs courses for your children:
Eleanor's notes/reading recommendations:Â
G. K. Chesterton's The Victorian Age in Literature, C. S. Lewis' An Experiment in Criticism, and Joseph Pearce's Literature: What Every Catholic Should Know.Â
For Nineteenth-century authors/books: All of the novels of Jane Austen (who isn't Victorian), most of the novels of Charles Dickens, Wilkie Collins' The Woman in White, Anthony Trollope's Barchester Towers (though really it would be valuable to read all of the Barsetshire Chronicles), and Bram Stoker's Dracula. Tennyson, Hopkins, and Thompson for poetry.
Short Feature: Paola Ciscanik, The Thriving Catholic Homeschool Blueprint
Topic: Celebrate the Milestones
Thank you to the following contributors who made this podcast possible:
Our SponsorÂ HomeschoolConnections.com
Homeschooling Saints Theme Music Composed by Taylor Kirkwood
Intro voiceÂ Dave PalmerÂ radio personality and author of St. Thomas Aquinas for Everyone
Our hostÂ Lisa Mladinich
- 05:30Â - Why do Catholics deny the idea of once saved always saved if in 1 Jn 3:6 it says, âWhoever keeps sinning has not known Jesus?âÂ
- 15:11Â - With the recent mass shooting in Texas, is it safe to infer that God does not intervene in these situations due to the respect he has for free will?Â Â
- 21:36Â - Whatâs the Catholic perspective on the marriage of two protestants? Would the Church consider it a valid marriage?Â https://www.catholic.com/audio/caf/did-jesus-allow-some-divorceÂ
- 28:42Â - If Christ gave himself fully for our sins why did he pray âLet this cup pass from me?â I know Catholics reject penal substitution.Â
- 34:51Â - Sirach 24:1-16 says that Jesus was created, and we proclaim in the Creed that he was âborn of the Father before all ages.â So, is he created?Â
- 40:43Â - Do you believe the phrase âGod doesnât give you more than you can handleâ is incompatible with the Catholic faith?Â
- 48:02Â - Iâm watching The Chosen, and I saw before their meals they say the prayer âBlessed are you GodâŠâ but we as Catholics say âbless us oh LordâŠâ When did we start making this prayer centered on us instead of God?Â
- 52:04Â - How do we Catholics understand the bible especially since weâre told that the bible has changed multiple times?Â
- 03:26Â - If Mary was conceived without sin, how does it not detract from Christâs divinity?Â
- 24:11Â - Does God know if God knows if we are going to heaven or hell? If so, why would he create someone to go to hell?Â
- 42:03Â - Whatâs the consensus on whatâs going to happen after the general judgment?Â
- 49:50Â - Iâve started feeling uncomfortable praying before meals in public. Is it ok for me to pray in the car so I wonât have to pray in public?Â
- 52:44Â - Are the marriages in the Old Testament where the couple remained chaste different from the marriages today that require the marriage to be consummated?Â
What associations do you have for your parish or ministry? Associations can be very helpful, learn why in this podcast.
- 06:04Â - Where is hope in the phrase âFaith working through love?âÂ
- 11:42Â - What is the Catholic view on Lutherâs 95 theses? Do you have any resources to continue my study on it?Â
- 17:49Â - How does a person whose mute participate in the sacrament of reconciliation?Â
- 23:05Â - How do I respond to a protestant who does not believe in regenerative baptism because they say it can be used as a get out of jail free card?Â
- 28:37Â - Jesus told his disciples that he was going to resurrect and when he did, why were they stupefied? Why, if Jesus had prepared them?Â
- 34:53Â - Do you know any stories of any impaired people who had near death experiences and remembered a conversation that was had near them that they normally wouldnât because of their sensory impairment?Â
- 43:12Â - Regarding the changes of the Mass after Vatican 2. I go to the new mass, and Iâm constantly bombarded by traditionalists. Is it true that they changed the 7 sacraments?Â
- 11:43 â Youâre using a lot of emotional language. Why should people object to their decision to choose their gender?
- 18:41Â - Iâve never heard of consecrated virginity until recently. Until when do we start exploring that option?
- 23:30 Children in the womb are given hormones that make them more masculine or feminine, that is why we have so much confusion.
- 33:04Â - What would you say to someone who struggles with pornography?
- 36:52Â - Could you give me resources on what chastity looks like for a married couple?
- 42:49Â - Wouldnât the proper term for transgender more accurately be called âtran-neutured?â Is it actually possible to change genders?
- 46:15Â - How does one remain chaste in todayâs society when the world only focuses on physical satisfaction?
- 48:33Â - Is it true that women like to fool around before marriage?
- 51:29Â - Hopkins used to do gender reassignment surgeries and stopped because of the high depression rates. Now they are doing them again. Why do you think that is?
As I continue my journey with "True Devotion to Mary" by St. Louis deMontfort, my heart is changing. I want this for you, too!
- 07:03Â - I have non-Catholic friends who asked me to preside at their wedding. Is this acceptable?
- 22:01Â - Why donât Catholics ever bring up the Magnificat as evidence for Maryâs importance?
- 29:01Â - How do I reconcile the differences between these two verses? Mk. 9:40 and Mt. 12:30.
- 35:27Â - What makes the St. Michael Scapular different from a talisman?
- 39:37Â - Whatâs your opinion on the Sworn Book of Honorius and Solomonic Magic?
- 44:24Â - In John 17, Is that the prayer that Jesus prayed in the garden? Can you recommend books on the early Church?
- 48:50Â - Do Plenary indulgences wipe away all consequences in one fell swoop?
- 51:17Â - Why doesnât the USCCB come out with a statement about the difference between Church teaching and opposing opinions by Catholic politicians?
- 17:15Â - Is there a cessation of apostolic gifts?Â
- 23:14Â - Is it morally acceptable for a supreme court nominee to lie in order to get on the court to strike down abortion?Â
- 35:32Â - Who are the watchers mentioned in the book of Enoch?Â
- 41:10Â - I grew up believing in the rapture. I was recently told that itâs wrong but was never told what is right. What do Catholics believe?Â
- 48:37Â - How can you be absolutely sure that Christianity is the right religion?Â
- 52:25Â - How does a physician tell a patient who is near the end that itâs going to be ok?Â
As Catholics, we have more than simply a celebrity endorser in Christ. Are you leaning on Him to move your parish or ministry forward?
In this episode, Antony Barone Kolenc interviews Anne DeSantis about her ministry and her recent book regarding the importance of youth reaching out to the marginalized in their lives, and Jen and Kate Waldyke review the hit religious TV series, The Chosen.
Credits: A.J. Kolenc, original music; Amina Kolenc, graphic design
He is a veteran Major League Baseball pitcher. He has appeared in over 540 games and pitched close to 860 innings and is in his 13th season of MLB, with 2022 being his sixth season with San Diego, making him the second-longest tenured Padre. He spent seven years with the Washington Nationals, who had selected him in the 2005 MLB Amateur Draft out of the University of Dayton, where he made 60 pitching appearances after also having pitched for his high school baseball team as well.