Segment 1 : ¬†Guest Lydia Borja from Flourish in Hope speaks of her ministry offering solidatary and support to women dealing with post partum depression. ¬†
Segment 2: ¬†Breadbox Media's Jennifer Longworth
In This Episode:¬†
- Are you in on this¬†week's giveaway?¬†
- Find out the very special story behind including the Rosary & 54-day Novena booklet¬†
- Purgatory - What is it really?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Purgatory addressed (St Faustina Prayer Book¬†- Susan Tassone)
- Why are the Souls in Purgatory referred to as POOR and HOLY¬†
- My master plan for the GREAT WALL OF HEAVEN ... and why I am counting on that to get me in!
What a FUN chat today with author of¬†Pictures of Me¬†¬†(Pauline Books & Media)¬† Marilee Haynes! ¬†
We covered so many topics, here are a few of the highlights:¬†
For more on these wonderful books by ¬†Marilee Haynes - visit¬†Pauline Books & Media
ORIGINAL AIR DATE 3/9/16
7 Characteristics of God that KNOCKED my Socks off!!
- Generous - HE is never outdone in HIs Generosity
- Faithful #Fidelity
- Trustworthy - That struggle to trust an unseen God; when I can barely trust those people I can see!
- LOVING - All this time I THOUGHT He was just waiting to #smote me
- Forgiving - Forgiveness is the HEART of the Gospel. HIS Mercy is everlasting, enduring, and its depth unplumbable (I think that's a word)
- Gentle but JUST! He loves us and offers abundant mercy but that doesn't mean He isn't just in His judgments.
- Truth itself ... all these characteristics were discovered when I began to read #Scripture and then reaffirmed through incredible unexplainable experiences - that maybe you would call coincidence #Godcidence¬†
FOR MORE visit ReconciledToYou
ORIGINAL AIR DATE¬†¬† - 12/22/16
On This Episode:
Edmund Mitchell¬†-¬†author,¬†Dual Wielding: A Guide to Praying with the Catechism & the Scriptures
Founder,¬†Reverb Culture¬†¬†-- Young Adult community done right!‚Äč
There is some singing a fabulous earworm - no really, you'll thank us!
- Find out what 'surprises' Dual Wielding holds for it's readers
- The reason behind including journaling - and what about those who are not into writing
- Awesome Resource: ¬†¬†CatholicCrossReference.com¬†
FOR MORE great links and resources visit:¬†ReverbCulture.com/Squirrel
In This Episode ...
I am visited by author, Mary DeTurris Poust (Not Strictly Spiritual) ¬†-- and I grill her about:
- Everyday Divine: A Catholic Guide To Active Spirituality -- available in paperback¬†here¬†
- PARENTING A GRIEVING CHILD: Helping Your Child find faith, hope and healing after the loss of a loved one" by Loyola Press
- Walking Together:¬†Discovering the Catholic Tradition of Spiritual Friendship (Ave Maria Press)¬†
- Integrating prayer into your day to day. ¬†Ex: ¬†laundry; driving; cooking; leisure... etc
- We discuss MINDFULNESS ... and I am currently trying to figure out how to add my own "mindful bell" to my computer or perhaps to my Fitbit. ¬†GREAT idea!! ¬†
- Whether to bring your child to a wake or funeral
- Grief is not just for death
- Spiritual Friendships -- famous and not so famous; here and eternal
The time always passes so quickly chatting with Mary ... so happy she has 3 more books for me to share with you (we are thinking Fall, 2016!!) ... ooh and of course I'll be sharing her new Lenten Book from Liturgical Press. ¬†Want more Mary DeTurris Poust - sign up for her newsletters at¬†NotStrictlySpiritual.com
ORIGINAL AIR DATE 01/08/16
We welcome back Cristina Trinidad!
So happy to have her join me again. She didn't miss a beat winning us over with her honesty and laughter! We chatted about:
- What she's been up to - always great catching up with a friend!
- Our Lenten Plans ... Prayer, Fasting and Alms -- Ohmy!
- And GREAT NEW book: How to Read Your Way to Heaven (Sophia Inst Press) by Vicky Burbach ... Scripture, Catechism and Spiritual Classics #goodreads¬†
- Her off the chart mad crafting skills! See for yourself: www.cristinamakes.com
For More Visit: ¬†Reconciled To You / RadioShow
I have come to know and rely on the love God has for us. ~ 1 John 4:14-16
More thoughts on Sonja Corbitt, the Bible Study Evangelista's new book FEARLESS: Conquer your Demons and LOVE with Abandon.
Living a life free of worry, anxiety and doubt - IT IS SO totally possible.¬†
Plus shedding some bad habits:
- Gossip - but what on earth will I now talk about?¬†
- Envy - HOW not to get caught up in what others have and are doing
- WORRY .... the greatest joy stealer of all!
For More Visit: Reconciled To You / Radio Show
Blogger (Let Us Kneel), Contributor to The Catholic Mom's Prayer Companion¬†and author of the new book Fire of Love:¬†
Cassandra shares the story of that fateful day in January 2013, when a simple homesteading chore goes horribly wrong. ¬†The peace she encountered as she prayed alongside her 4 year old son, badly burned and the future unknown. A inspiring story of faith, hope and the lessons learned along the way!¬†
What Cassandra Poppe and her family developed to help Fulton re-integrate after being severely burned in a homestead accident ... the birth of 'burn cards' ... and how you can help:
Sarah Reinhard - SnoringScholar.com
Visits to chat about Sonja Corbitt's new book¬†Fearless: Conquer your Demons and Love with Abandon (Ave Maria Press)¬†
- Domino effect of one bad day after another - Where's God in all of that
- When fear dominates your thoughts¬†
- How can the Bible be of any help in the real world?¬†
- 1 Cor 10:13 -- The Great Escape #Godcidence
- Overcoming Temptations sometimes AVOIDING temptations
- Distractions and their effect on our spiritual life
For More on Fearless listen to my interview with Author, Sonja Corbitt¬†
#Podcast #Catholic #NewBooks #Women #Spirituality #ReconciledToYou #GoodStuff
PREPPING FOR LENT:
Walk in Her Sandals¬†ed. Kelly Wahlquist Ave Maria Press
WINE: Women in the New Evangelization Lenten Book Club
faciliated online by YOURS TRULY (soooo excited!)¬†
LET'S Blow the Doors off this LENT ...
and Grow Closer to Christ like never before!
CatholicVineyard.com (WINE) - to purchase Walk in Her Sandals Book Bundle (book, journal and bookmark); sign up for¬†Book Club notifications & MORE
JOIN US for the WINE Lenten Book Club Facebook Group - Accountability, Community and Teachability .. never ACT alone ¬†
For more links, resources and information visit RECONCILED TO YOU¬†
CLICK ON RADIO SHOW/ A SEEKING HEART BLOG
What a Wonderful Interview with Monica McConkey
www.ArmaDei.com - Shoppe
WHAT an amazing story about Pope St. John Paul II:
Our Catholic Love Story:
A Treasure Chest of Traditions for Catholic Families (Book):
Hand in Hand with Jesus Faith Journal
Super Saints (Game Cards)
Super Saints Launch Video:
Super Saints How to Play (super quick video)
NEW Product Line:
Journal Stamps...that will change the way you pray and journal
and Saints Stamps: invite the saints into your calendar or planner!